2010年12月16日 星期四

2010 Dec 16 - Habakkuk 3 - Shelley


Habakkuk 3:17-18 Though the fig-tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Saviour.
 
This scripture is one of those that I have hold onto when I have gone through toughs times as an old disciple. Especially when we have been around a long time and we see young Christians getting their prayers answered and everything is going well for others around us but we see that we are not getting anything. It's easy for us to be discouraged and wonder why God has not bless us too in our jobs, finances, dating life. Things don't go according to how we wanted it to work out. This scripture always reminded me that even when we don't get all that we desire and want that we need to be joyful and have a surrendered heart. Although it is not easy God will help us through the hard times to be better disciples. I had to perserve through trials of not having a steady job in South Africa, waiting over ten years to go steady but God does answer our prayers if we are determined to keep trying and allowing Him to fight our spiritual battles.
 
I encourage you not to give up in your faith when things are hard but make a decision to get closer to God. I decided to fast for four months this year to surrender all my needs to Him and to allow Him to control my life rather than me taking the steering wheel myself. I know many of us have present needs. Let's make a decision to find out what each other's needs are and write them in prayer book and prayer for one another that God can find a solution in His own timing.
 
Love to you all. Keep nice and warm but above all remember how warm God's love is for you.
 
Shelley-bean
 
 

沒有留言:

張貼留言