2010年12月20日 星期一

2010 Dec 20 - 1 Peter 1 - Brenda


Good afternoon everyone,
Sorry It's a late message as just had a long quiet time with the sister- Angie coming from south Africa,we had a good prayer and singing and sharing convictions time. We felt we've known each other forever as we do click to each other and touch spiritually.
Yesterday we had been given such incredible preaching by Scott about Grace, I really looked at it at the different angle and perspective, God is great as he wouldn't remember how many mistakes we have made but just focus on what we are and what kind of people we are today, he would have the spare tuxedo for people to dress on, Scott preached about Adam and Eve at Gen and even they themselves felt shameful when they saw themselves naked, God clothed them to make them beautiful. He would clothe us nicely and cover our sin with his greatest love.  I was so touched and melt by God's grace as he's always broaden his love to love us, no matter how much we hurt him.  Today I am reading the same thing in 1 peter 1: 13-16 13 Therefore, with minds that are alert and fully sober, set your hope on the grace to be brought to you when Jesus Christ is revealed at his coming. 14 As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. 15 But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; 16 for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.”[a] and I am reminded again I live a life with living hope through the grace of God.
 
Last night I also had a good time with Amanda - Stella's cousin, who was born and raised up in Melbourne. We had dinner at Soho and I am grateful that I was able to share my life with her and hope one day she would come to know God.  We have become friends even though we have met such a short time, she has 8 month paid-leave(can't believe it) as she's working for one of the University in Melbourne being the supervisor - top management. Now she would love to explore China, would go to Yunnan to teach the kids and in the meantime she would love to learn mandarin, she's so adventurous and love to go hiking, a tennis player in Melbourne, and that's why we so click instantly.
 
I just thank God at this time of the year he brought me so many friendship.  And....tonight, Cat and Eric are going to count their cost being a disciple... Can't wait and I am so excited and Cat shared her quiet time everyday to us already, let's pray for them that they can baptise very very soon.
 
Love you all
Brenda

3 則留言:

  1. Dear Brenda,

    It's really great ! Ur ministry focus life is always amazing us. Thanks to be a friend of Amanda... I believe she loved to meet u as a adventurous woman too! If she need to find charity in Yunnan, I think u can let her know Elexa too! Maybe Hope worldwide need a teacher as her!
    Fire up!

    Cheers,
    Stella

    回覆刪除
  2. Thanks for the sharing Brenda.

    It's good to pray and spend time with those we like and 'click' with but I also think God puts others who are different in our lives to help us to 'grow'. I think of the scripture John 13:34 love one another as I have loved you so you must love one another. God require us to love others even when not always easy as this is God's standard from the bible. I feel convicted because I also natually want to be with others that I get along better with or who are always nice to me but I know God wants me to be the example and show 'the same kind of love' to everyone. James 2:1

    I hope I can grow in the area of not showing any favouritism to anyone even though it is so easy in my character to do it. Moving to Railway I hope will help me to fellowship with everyone and to be mutually encouraging to all those who need it. Please pray for my heart to be open to the Chinese culture and to be able to understand and speak more Cantonese to you all.

    I love how God gives us second chances, more time and new situations to grow in. I wish we can all enjoy learning from others around us. This world is an interesting place because we have different kinds of people who we can be with.

    回覆刪除
  3. Thanks Shelley for the reminder as I think Jesus could easily click on anyone as he had the great interests in people's life and he had the great compassion and passion to people as well. Paul also inspired us about 'be all things to all men'. In 1 Corinthians . However God also gave us different gift in different area so that we have common interest with people. Anyway we can be easily so hypocritical as if we don't put it into practice we can easily become Pharisees.
    Stella thanks for trusting me so much and treat me as your family member and I would treat Amanda as my family member to love her. You are right I should introduce Elexa to her as she doesn't mind to be a volunteer in China. She's thinking stay a few more days in lamma and might come to our Xmas party.
    Love
    Brenda

    回覆刪除