1 Corinthians 9:22:
22To the weak I have become weak that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means (at all costs and in any and every way) save some [by winning them to faith in Jesus Christ].
22To the weak I have become weak that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means (at all costs and in any and every way) save some [by winning them to faith in Jesus Christ].
John 5:30 'For I seek not to please myself but him who sent me"
John 8:29 "The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases him".
Goodmorning all,
Want to say a BIG thank you to Cat for her lovely card and gift. I was so impressed with your English writing Cat, keep it up!! It motivates me to improve more in my Cantonese. I ate all your chocolates last night when I got home! A bit naughty to have so many chocolates before I sleep but it was so tempting! Thank you so much^:^
I have been reflecting on the book 'Victory to Surrender' by George Ferguson. It is a very powerful message to me at this moment in my life and what I am facing. I am learning to deny myself in situations that I won't enjoy or necessary like to be part of. Being Hong Kong is a good test to me on how willing am I to relate more to the local culture? Sometimes honestly I need to deny myself and put other's interests before mine. The scriptures above have given me more convictions today about this area in my life. Not to seek to please my own desires or wants but to look out to what God wants me to do, to help others be encouraged. The questions I reflected on today which is not uncommon to the life of a disciple is: What would Jesus do in this situation? What would please God and others he has put in my life? Most of our decisions are based on our emotions and needs no matter how we try to rationalize it. So asking these questions for myself will help me to adapt more to the local culture. Pray that this will gradually become part of my heart and character as it's not how I think is the best or right thing in my mind but rather more about my heart behind all of these things.
Tomorrow I will be taking part in our school sports day in Tsing Yi. Running a relay with some male colleagues and with our kids. I will show those suckers who may win the race. This morning I laughed in our meeting the principal warned them in Cantonese that Ms Read may be a challenge in running the race!! I will do some training tonight in Tsing Yi area hopefully a 10km uphill this time somewhat different to the run I usually do from Sunny bay to Tung Chung.
Brenda hope you were able to meet Isabella today at Melbourne airport and have a memorable time together as special friends. Take some pics Brens so we can see what you are up to.
Have a fantastic Friday everyone! It's Friiiiiiday! Yipee.
沒有留言:
張貼留言