Dear all,
Happy to be back to the QT corner today! Miss you guys!
We had a great sunday service yesterday and I was very touched by
message given by Mike Vassallo as what he preached is exactly what I
feel...
He preached about Mark 9 v. 33-37 - who is the greatest, (while
Jesus's 12 apostles discussing about who's the greatest) and Jesus
said to them it is servant of all), and his 1st point is - are you
being served? - Luke 22: 24 says the one you serve is the greatest!
I am seeing there's lots of needs in the church here in Melbourne,
leadership, discipling, evanglise... needs lot of disciples stand up
and say I want to serve... as everyone is living quite far away and
spreading out, it is unlike HK that we can easily get together but
here it needs lots of sacrifice to be with the body. When you got hurt
after giving too much or serving too much but no feedback you just
wanna give up.
It's just remind me all the time that am I serving for the Lord or am
I serving for the sake of the feedback by others, if I got hurt or
discouragement am I still willing to serve? And from time to time I
just need to repent and remind myself I am pleasing my Lord and that's
why I want to love his people and willing to be the servant of all!
2nd point is 'position or purpose' - 1 peter 4:7 Love covers a
multitude of sins. sometimes what stops us from loving and serving
others is perhaps our selfishness, bitterness, discouragement, or not
getting any recognition by people.
I do appreciate the Church leader Mike as he's been in full time
ministry for over 20 years and been gone through lots of tough time,
lots of discouragement not just once in a year, but every month, or
every week and even everyday, from discouagement doesn't stop him to
keep serve and being the servant.
To me I would feel very discouraged if I keep loving and serving
others without recognition but instead being hurt and discouraged, but
the verse stings my heart and I would continue to love and serve
others as I know the purpose of serving and loving is not because of
men but God.
Love you all!
Brenda
沒有留言:
張貼留言