2011年2月8日 星期二

2011 Feb 08 - Philippians 1 - Shelley


Philippians 1:27 "Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. Then, whether I come and see you or only hear about you in my absence, I will know that you stand firm in one spirit, contending as one man for the faith of the gospel.'
 
Goodmorning all,
 
Today is a great day although a bit on the wet, humid side. I suppose we need to embrace ourselves soon for the 'wet spring' season. A bit of challenge to run a marathon in humidity but I pray that on February 20th for the Standard Charter that it won't be too wet for the runners on that day.
 
This scripture is such a great reminder to me that whatever situation I am in whether at work or at a social event or simply at a bible gathering that I represent Christ in whatever I do. Sometimes I go against my comfort zone or feelings to do what pleases God and to meet others needs rather than my own. It also reminds me personally that knowing more Cantonese and being diligent in this regard will help me to serve others more in Hong Kong. At the moment God wishes me to be here to be on 'mission' to win souls here and to make a difference for him.
 
I ask myself the question do I honestly practice a respectable style of religion that all churches in Hong Kong would see as a 'normal practice' or do I personally strive to pursue the style of living for Christ in all areas of my life? Or I decide to chose a religion that causes the battle lines between light and darkness to be clearly seen and clearly drawn. True surrender is not simply a nice way to discover how to have an inner feeling of peace and tranquility. It is God's extremely challenging approach to living and proclaiming the Prince of Peace to a world who has lost interest in his style of religion.' - from Victory of Surrender by Gordon Ferguson. To me it is not a life of comfort or being recognised and accepted by the people around us in this world but it's a life that truelly stands up for Jesus in the darkness so that others can see the true light of Him. This is very challenging for me to apply on a daily basis but I know this is the standard that God calls me to uphold to. I pray to depend more on God's strength and mercy to strive to be what he called me to be.
 
I hope we can all have a sense of what God is calling us to do in our daily lives.
 
Love in Christ.
 
Shelley-bean

沒有留言:

張貼留言