2011年2月14日 星期一

2011 Feb 14 - Romans 13 - Brenda


Hey Everyone! Happy Valentine's day!
 
Great that I am back to the QT corner today! By reading all of your inspiring journal push me not thinking of myself, as I think I now have the "POST-HOLIDAY DEPRESSION", haha, after long holiday and I could hardly stay focus on anything, but every piece of thoughts of your QT conviction helps!
 
Today I am reading Roman 13
 

10 Love does no wrong to others, so love fulfills the requirements of God’s law.
 11 This is all the more urgent, for you know how late it is; time is running out. Wake up, for our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed.12 The night is almost gone; the day of salvation will soon be here. So remove your dark deeds like dirty clothes, and put on the shining armor of right living. 13 Because we belong to the day, we must live decent lives for all to see. Don’t participate in the darkness of wild parties and drunkenness, or in sexual promiscuity and immoral living, or in quarreling and jealousy. 14 Instead, clothe yourself with the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ. And don’t let yourself think about ways to indulge your evil desires.
Today is Valentine's day and we could've imagined what would people in these world do - darkness of wild parties and drunkenness.... in v.13. and we live in this world - the reality and what Franics preached yesterday reminds me not let the reality lead our thoughts and decision.  As we are easily falling into the temptation of this world. But God reminds me that our salvation is near and we must clothe oursleves with the presence of the Lord and put on the shining armor of right living.
 
Glad that we are able to serve the campus student tonight and live our life different from this real world!
 
Love
Brenda

沒有留言:

張貼留言