'Psalm 51:17: The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, (showing deep regret, remorse for doing wrongdoing) O God, you will not despise (ignore).'
Goodmorning all,
Although today I am not feeling my best physically I still want to reflect on God's word and see how He can restore my spirit again. When I read this verse it reminds me that I need to always be broken before God when I have sinned. Sometimes I reason with myself, 'oh it's just a small sin or just one bad thought or action' but in God's eyes it is the same as a big sin like murdering or stealing. I am convicted that I need to open about everything that I struggle with and get help from God and others that I am close to in my life.
Ezekiel 36:26 promises that if we turn to God and we are really sorry for our sin that He is willing to change our heart of stone into a heart of 'flesh' a soft heart. We are not able to do this by ourselves alone but only by the grace of God and by the love and support of others we are open to.
I pray for all of us to be willing to be open about our sin before others we trust and God so that we can share in God's glory. Amen.
Love, Shelley
沒有留言:
張貼留言