2010年11月22日 星期一

2010 Nov 22 - Humbleness - Shelley

Good morning all,
Today I am grateful to be alive and to hear the birds singing early this morning. I did not sleep very well last night as I am still sick and coughing a lot but I feel encouraged in my spirit as I get security from God's word this morning and don't just listen to my feeling or how my body hurts.
I am happy to be a disciple for 14 years. Though I have faced many ups and downs in my walk with God. People have disappointed me in South Africa, Taiwan, China and Hong Kong but I stand up and fight the good fight of faith.
The scripture that Brenda shared on being 'poor' in spirit is something I pondered (thought) on last week. So many of us are tempted to focus on our achievements and happiness on the outside but try happiness comes from having a humble heart and realising that we are poor in spirit and need God to inspire us every day with his word. Like 'food' to the soul.
I have been reading Prideful Soul Guide to Humility and 2 scriptures that stand out for me from this book is: Ephesians 4:2 'Be completely humble and gentle.' 1 Peter 5:5 'Clothe yourselves with humility toward one another.'  Wow these two scriptures really speak to my heart. Gentleness does not describe me at all! Something I need to train myself in every single day! Part of humility is gentleness they are like two siblings. Thank God that He has put people in my life to learn this precious quality. I pray to be more humble to learn from others that has 'gentleness' as their strength. Also I am reminded that humility does not come naturally for me. I need to put on the 'humility' clothing every day by praying more, getting input from others and listening to God's word not relying on my own opinions!! Thanks to Brenda my dear roomie for keeping me accountable on this one.
Lastly I want to add how proud I am of the bible talk!! What an inspiration!! In the beginning I really wanted to go to Lamma island my most favourite island to join my bible talk but somehow God still allow me to feel very sick and then I had no choice but to not go to outdoor Sunday but join the Railway sector. Well, I was super encouraged the whole day yesterday. After my nap in the afternoon I didn't think I could hold up staying at the BBQ so late but the 'love' and 'friendship' was so REAL that I couldn't help staying for longer! Connie Tsui so glad you could join us since you stay in Meifoo it is close to our home in Ma Wan ^:^
Thanks to Kenneth for your good advice and sharing! I will follow it! 
Thanks to Brenda and everyone for putting together a great gathering. Proud of you all for your serving hearts. Brothers really took the lead and the sisters were behind them. It was so evident! Ha ha.
Here is a song I heard on youtube today. I totally love it! It rocks!!!! Hee hee.
Love to you all.
Shelley-bean

沒有留言:

張貼留言