2011年1月4日 星期二

2011 Jan 04 - Psalm 16 - Shelley

Psalm 16:5 (Amplified version)
 
The Lord is my chosen and assigned portion, my cup; You hold and
maintain my lot.
 
Goodmorning all,
 
The weather in Hong Kong is a lot colder and hope you all have enough
blankets and heaters to keep you warm at home.
 
Travelling always has it's set of challenges and I can relate to what
Brenda had shared. Once I was on my way to Los Angelas from Hong Kong
and their was this really rude guy next to me swearing and complaining
about everything and then saying something bad to me. I was so tempted
to lash back at him and be angry as it is my sinful nature when
someone is rude to me. I had to contain myself and really be humble
but I realise afterwards that no matter how hard it was for me in the
beginning at the end I saved myself from a lot of unnecessary trouble
or the problem could of got much worse.
 
The scripture today really remind me that God is our cup and our
portion. No matter what our status is whether single, dating or
married God always remind us that only He can satisfy us completely. I
hope that this year my heart can really be more devoted to God and
that His words are always on my tongue and in my mind. It is easy to
forget about God when things are going well in our lives but I know I
need Him so much more to soften and guard my heart from evil things.
 
Wish you all can have a renewed relationship with Him this coming year
and enjoy going on personal/group retreats to feel refreshed in
spirit.
 
Love you all,
 
Shelley-bean

沒有留言:

張貼留言