"Ephesians 5:10 & 17 And find out what pleases God. verse 17 Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is."
Good afternoon everyone,
Great analogy Brenda of the image of what it means to be loved by those that are our moms and how God wants to love us that way too. Sometimes it's so easy to see God as this distant God who is high up in the heavens and can't relate to our problems especially when we face times of suffering.
The scripture above reminded me today how I should make it my goal to follow what God wants and not what I desire. I have been reading the Victory of Surrender and seeing how living to God's will is completely not being led by my desire and emotion. If we make decisions it's easy to do it based on our emotion but God showed me this morning that I have to be more open to His will for my life and for my future. I will have to face some big decisions one day so am I prepared to face this with the advice of others God has put into my life and also find out what pleases Him? I pray for more of a surrendered heart this year and trust that God will work all the plans for my life to His will and not my will. Not an easy thing to pray for but we can follow the heart of Jesus in the garden when he surrendered His desire to live and as a result saved all of our lives from sin of making the one big decision to go against His own will.
God sees our hearts and He will truly bless our courage to put His will above ours.
Update on Joey and her dad. They have come out of the hospital surgery theatre and Joey is recovering. I will visit her this Friday. Thanks for all your prayers and concern for them.
Keep warm on this cold day in Hong Kong.
Love in Christ,
Shelley-bean
沒有留言:
張貼留言