Good morning everyone!! It is the coldest day we have had so far in Hong Kong, at a low of 7 degrees but it is good to start a cold day on a positive note. I decided to jog in the drizzle rain this morning at 6:30am maybe some of you will think I am crazy but it felt good to go against the grain of the comfort of my body and making it my slave. (1 Corinthinans 10:27 No, I beat my body and make it my slave) In a spiritual sense we need to beat our bodies and it's comfort and live fully to please God, the one is to preach to others even when we feel so tired. Today's scripture that is on my heart is again in Ephesians 5:1-2 'Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.' What exactly does this mean to me personally? God call me to a high standard of love! I need to watch what God does and do it, like children who learn proper behaviour from their parents. Mostly what God does is love u! Keep company with Him always & learn a life of love! Observe how Christ loved us. His love was not 'cautious' but extravagant (over- flowing with love with no limit) He did not love in order to get something from us but to give 'everything' of Himself. I need to love like that which is challenging but not impossible if I draw more and more closer to God and learn to loves others unconditionally like He did. Love like that. Amen. Take care, Love Shelley-bean
2011年1月12日 星期三
2011 Jan 12 - Ephesians 5 - Shelley
訂閱:
張貼留言 (Atom)
沒有留言:
張貼留言