2011年1月13日 星期四

2011 Jan 13 - 2 Corinthians 5 - Shelley


Goodafternoon all,
 
I had quite a busy day at work surfing from one website to another to prepare some games and activities for the children in the coming school semester. Quite satisfied with the outcome and look foward to teaching it with the kids after they are done with their examinations!
 
Andy really appreciate your sharing so much and especially when you mentioned how we should deal with the wrong doings and how Jesus paid the consequence for us. I also was impacted on your sharing on the campus ministry and the vision was to repent, revive and renew. We work as a 'team of family members' when one rejoices we all rejoice when one is sad we all feel for them and encourage them. I did not like the 'old days of church' esp before 2002 of 'lording it over ours' without any conviction behind why we do the things we do or why we go after so many number of bible studies but question whether we really keep loving the person we have baptised and follow up on them and their spiritual needs. I see how we have learned from the mistakes of the past and changed since then. Thank God for His abundant mercy and grace. We may continue to understand more about His grace and that we will make mistakes but we have the 'chance' to repent and change because of the cross and not have any reason to do things out of guilt.
 
I think of this scripture to also confirm my own conviction on doing the right things for God. 
2 Corinthians 5:14 "For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died.'
 
We do the very things we do in the kingdom and we deny ourselves and our comforts because we live for Christ and are motivated by His love. I feel at times I struggle to do something that goes against my comfort zone but then I need to ask myself who am I living for? What would Jesus do in this situation I am facing, how would He respond? Then I imitate Him and pray for a softer heart. No one else can convince me of this but only out of my own conviction and decision to follow Him.
 
I am also very grateful to live on Ma Wan and that it is so convenient for me to go to Tsuen Wan everyday. Quiet places and where the nature is, is what motivates me to be still and know that God is God. God knew in advance exactly what kind of surrounding Brenda and I needed to glorify Him more. Amen.
 
It's getting a bit warmer today everyone and the year of the rabbit is approaching. Lets look forward to some good times and be positive for the coming Chinese New Year.
 
Love to you all,
 
Shelley

沒有留言:

張貼留言