2011年1月14日 星期五

2011 Jan 14 - Train yourself to be godly - Shelley


Good afternoon all,
 
What an awesome day it turned out to be. I had the opportunity to go up to the park opposite my school to have a lunch time prayer and soak in the warm sunlight!
 
Andy I really appreciate your sharing on having a balance between the weight the consequences of our sin and weighing God's grace too. It is important to realise that we have God's grace to help us to repent but we also need to take up the responsibility ourself. I wish you all the best for the Cathy Pacific trainer's position. Give your best at the interview and God will do the rest ^:^

Today I reflected on 1 Timothy 4:7 'To train yourself to be godly.' What does this mean exactly for me? Well personally from my reflection last night on Jane Chin's women's class on Hannah (Luke 2:36-38) Hannah was a special woman that stood out in the bible to always be a blessing to others. She trained herself no matter how hard her life was to be a godly a woman of faith. To hold fast to her faith and was secure in her heart. She made it her goal to finish untill the end. Training myself in my view is not easy as we have feelings and our own mind on how to do things and how we were brought up in our cultures. I believe God wants to encourage us to grow in our maturity as christians to be more like Him in our response to others.  20% of our growth is from the church community: sermons, discipling, peer relationships etc but 80% of it mostly comes from our own convictions and our walk with God and how we respond towards His word everyday. When no one is watching that is when God is watching us and sees what is really going on in our hearts behind closed doors! I want to make it my goal to keep working out my 'own' salvation with fear and trembling. So that I give my own reason to God one day when I die as to why I did the things I did as a result of my own convictions not on someone elses.
 
Wish everyone enjoy today for what is still left of today and make the most of every opportunity for God. Have a nice weekend and find some time to go to a beautiful place to soak in God's wonderful presence. Off to Sunny bay in the early morning to do my 10km run tomorrow!
 
Love to you all and see you on Wednesday for my first HC in railway ^:^
 
Shelley-bean

沒有留言:

張貼留言