2011年1月19日 星期三

2011 Jan 19 - Zephaniah 3 - Shelley

Zephaniah 3:17 The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He
will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he
will rejoice over you with singing.
 
Goodmorning friends,
 
It's 18 degrees today and the sun is shining so blightly. Thanks be to
God. I love the scripture as a great reminder to me when I face hard
times to remember that God is with us. Sometimes we get so caught up
in our fears, problem or challenges that it's easy to be discouraged.
Meditating on God's word and His promises will help me to fight
against the attacks of the enemy especially in my thoughts. As every
thought follows on with an attitude, action, it becomes our character
and eventually our purpose and mission in life. What will our altimate
mission be for God? How can we work our way to get to God's purpose
for our life? I believe it takes effort from our side to be in His
word daily, to meditate on it and then to apply it to our lives. I
wish all of us can use His word powerfully to attack the enemy's
schemes esp on our negative thinking.
 
Yesterday Ivy and I had the opportunity in the afternoon to invite
some students at PolyU to the service on Sunday. I tried my best to
introduce myself in Cantonese and invite them but automatically
started speaking English as some of them wanted to speak English to
practise I guess. The two students that really stood out for us were
Queenie and Elaine. Elaine is from Fujian province. I pray that
Queenie will want to come out to our service on Sunday but both of
them gave us their numbers and we can follow up with them for more
activities we will have on the campus this year. I am praying for an
opportunity sometime this year to have an English corner or discussion
group on campus as I see some of the students would like to go to
this.
 
Wish you all have a fruitful day today and use God's word powerfully
to help us to be faithful and remain positive. God has so many
promises in His word to encourage us.
 
Love to you all and see you tonight for my first HC.
 
Shelley-bean

沒有留言:

張貼留言