2011年1月27日 星期四

2011 Jan 27 - Psalms 110 - Andy


Dear all,

Have a quite nice and warm weather today. Wake up at about 9:00 (please don't envy about this haha, try find me to QT if you want me to wake up earlier if this stumble you ^^), and now at Poly Common Room to have a QT.

Reached another milestone of reading Psalms, only 40 are left ^^ (that is read >70%). I have tried to read through Psalms several times but it is always too long to be read, (my decision is not firm enough).

Psalms 110

A short Psalms, but don't overlook it, the verses are quoted several times in New Testament

v1 - Mt 22:41 -45   (Jesus ask Pharisees "Whose son is the Christ")
v3 -  Ephsians 4:21 - 4:24 (Quoted below)
v4 - Hebrews 5 & 7 (About Melchizedek)

The whole Psalms is refers to Jesus Christ.

When reading the Old Testiment and found that the New Testiment "fulfilled" what the OT said, it confirms that the 
bible is more trust-worthy. 

In addition, why Jesus and Paul can quote this scripture, is that they are always memorizing God's scriptures, this is another attitude we need to be learnt.

Since it would be 3 QTs if I try to focus the all 3 verses, I just share the verse I think most (v3), however, I found the NIV - english versions' meaning quite different thing... (so I quote the Chinese & NET here).

"Your people willingly follow you when you go into battle.
On the holy hills at sunrise the dew of your youth belongs to you"   (NET)

"當你掌權的日子,你的民要以聖潔的妝飾為衣,甘心犧牲自己;
你的民多如清晨的甘露。"

The verses describe what the followers of Jesus should be, God expects we should array ourselves with holy majesty, and to sacrifies ourself to Him. 
And the verses end with encouraging message that the numbers of followers of Jesus would be as much as the dew in the morning. 

"如果你們聽過他的道、領了他的教、學了他的真理、
就要脫去你們從前行為上的舊人.這舊人是因私慾的迷惑、漸漸變壞的.
又要將你們的心志改換一新.
並且穿上新人.這新人是照著 神的形像造的、有真理的仁義、和聖潔。"    Ephsians 4:21 - 4:24 

We need to change ourselves (clothes) into a new heart and with the God's image.
Let us continue to make our life holy (Kodash, 分別為聖) and to give our best to the Lord.

Love in Christ
Andy 

沒有留言:

張貼留言