2011年2月7日 星期一

2011 Feb 07 - Ezekiel 16 - Shelley


Ezekiel 16:4 On the day you were born your cord was not cut, not were you washed with water to make you clean, nor were you rubbed with salt or wrapped in cloths. verse 5 No-one looked on you with pity or had compassion enough to do any of these things for you, Rather, you were thrown out into the open field, for on the day you were born you were despised (rejected, ignored) verse 6 Then I passed by and saw you kicking about in your blood I said to you, 'Live'! Verse 7  I made you grow like a plant of the field. You grew up and developed and became the most beautiful of jewels.'
 
Morning to you all,
 
A great new start to the year of the rabbit. God has really blessed us with good weather these past days in Hong Kong. This scripture really hits deep down in my heart this morning as I remember how all of us were despised when we were non Christians. To actually remember what it was like when I was not a disciple and what my life would have turned out to be if I didn't decide to follow Jesus. Scary to think how I would have turned out if God was not in the picture. Only God loved us that much to give us life and say 'live'. Wow this has really make me more and more grateful for all things God has done to help me be saved. Yesterday afternoon as I was taking a short rest at home I suddenly thought to myself why doesn't God send me now on a mission team to China since Andy from Beijing was preaching this yesterday at church it just made me want to leave and go on a mission team again. But as I prayed yesterday afternoon I became grateful for what God has given me here in Hong Kong, good job, good home, wonderful friendships, dating relationship. After I realise how I need to grow more in my gratitude and joy for what I have now I started to see that I am happy to be in Hong Kong and if one day God decide to send me on a mission team it will happen in God's perfect timing.
 
So glad to hear the sister gang is doing okay Brenda. I was praying with Rita yesterday morning and I was concerned for their safety as I heard there was a big typhoon in Cairns last week and I know that was one of their places to visit. Look forward to seeing you all when you are back.
 
Been having great times praying with Joey these past days on Ma Wan. Encouraged to see her trying to be more active and wanting to make some changes in her life. Lets continue to pray for God to work in her life.
 
Have a blessed day in the Lord and let us remember how good God has been to us and how he has showered us with all his love and compassion and given us all a new life in Him.
 
Love in Christ,
 
Shelley-bean

沒有留言:

張貼留言