2011年2月22日 星期二

2011 Feb 22 - Acts 10 - Shelley


Goodmorning all,
 
As we are all reflecting on Acts 10 : 1- 48 the verse that stands out for me the most this week is in verse 28 and 34. He said to them: 'you are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with a Gentile or visit him. But God had shown me that I should not call any man impure or unclean. Then Peter began to speak: "I now realise how true it is that God does not show favouritism."
 
I realise my 'traditional thought' I have had since I have been staying in Hong Kong is only 'simple' hearted people can be saved and baptised. I always thought for me as a foreigner I could be more effective on a China mission team and to impact students in China. I realise after attending Vincent's baptism at Deep Water Bay on Sunday that if God feels anyone is open anyone is open! Do we open our hearts enough to see what God is telling us? God can you show me who is open right now? If I go shopping or I am in Ma Wan do I have enough faith and courage to pray that God will show me the way to lead me to reach out to the right person? I was so touched and impacted at Vincent's baptism. I have known Vincent for 3 and half years since I moved to HK and was in the international ministry from 2007 to 2008. He is a mutual friend of John and Joan Smith. He is over forty years old was almost on the brink of family separation and he is a very wealthy established man in Hong Kong. Who would of thought that he would have made it on Sunday? He knew John and Joan for 8 years and attended church for 3 and half years. It took him so long to make the decision but I did not give up praying for him. God answered my prayer on Sunday and did the miracle.
 
Lets not give up on our faith and be discouraged on sharing to those in Hong Kong. Even though Hong Kong is a materialistic city and people are all very busy. They all need God and know real love in their hearts. Let's not give up praying to God those powerful prayers of faith that wherever we go who can God show us to reach out to!
 
Have a wonderful day.
 
Love in Christ.
 
Shelley-bean

-- 

沒有留言:

張貼留言