1 Timothy 4 : 8 'For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and life to come.'
" 操 練 身 體 、 益 處 還 少 . 惟 獨 敬 虔 、 凡 事 都 有 益 處 . 因 有 今 生 和 來 生 的 應 許 ."
Hey good morning all,
This morning was so fresh and cool as I went for my 25 minute job around Ma Wan. Listening to Christian songs by Michael W Smith just lifted up my spirits and reminded me that spiritual training is more valuable than the physical. The philosophy behind the word 'training' is that it's a process and it does take effort on our part.
I am inspired by a current self help book I am reading by Dale Carnegie on How to Win Friends and Influence People the following quotation came to light: "Actions seems to follow feeling, but really action and feeling go together; and by regulating (practising) the action, which is under the more direct control of the will, we can indirectly regulate the feeling, which is not. This is so interesting as I realise we can't always control our feelings immediately so Jesus reminds us to deny ourselves in our actions and decisions so that our feelings will follow as it does not come automatic. Sometimes we feel very weary when we think of training as it does not come automatic to all people, not everyone is a physical runner but spiritually even though it not our talent to do something for God it's our responsibility to fulfill it with the help of others He has put in our lives.
After school today I get to meet up with some colleagues at Pokke cafe to learn some Cantonese in a natural way. Looking forward to the challenge.
Have a blessed day in the Lord.
Love in Christ,
Shelley
Shelley
沒有留言:
張貼留言