Morning to everyone.
Thanks for update Brenda. Wow what a weekend I had. Yesterday was the most busiest day I had but very meaningful only reached Ma Wan after 10pm yesterday after being out since 7:30am to QT with bt and then stay on HK island the whole day to have lunch with Harriet a local friend I am reaching out to, attend Christine's birthday party with Phillipinos, Cantonese lesson with Iris and then meet Isabella to visit Joey at the hospital. It was a fruitful day and very encouraged to feel that God can use me here in Hong Kong sometimes I have the feeling that China is a better place for me as I know that there may be more opportunities for me to help out. God willing one day I can go on a mission team but for now I am content to stay in Hong Kong and be used in anyway God wants to use me.
Ecclesiastes 3:11 'He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom (completely understand) what God has done from beginning to end.'
This scripture became so real to me yesterday when Isabella and I were praying with Joey in the hospital. I really got to understand that our lives our temporary and that we just don't know when God will want to come and invite us to join Him in heaven one day. God wants us to enjoy life to the fullest. Every moment counts and I realise how using every opportunity that is given to us is something that will please God. I was so deeply touched to meet Joey's father yesterday even though he know that he has liver cancer he is still so joyful to speak some English with me and ask me about my home country. I got to speak to Ryan too last night and just saw how his heart is really willing to be there for his family. It is critical moment for all of them. It is a very important operation that will be done from 10am to around 6pm today. Please pray for the doctors to have wisdom and use their expertise to perform a successful operation. God will give the family peace and strength to endure the procedures. The post procedures are also important in that Joey and her dad need to take time to walk, and eat again. The recovery process is quite a slow process. Thanks to Isabella serving heart to go again to the hospital today to help Joey after the operation.
I look forward to knowing Joey more and being able to help her know God deeply.
Have a fruitful day everyone. Even though it's work today that we can all see it as God's purpose for us to reach out more to our coworkers and friends :-)
Love to you all,
Shelley :-)
沒有留言:
張貼留言