1 Feb 2011 Psalm 118
1. v 21 -24 God's savation
21 I will give you thanks, for you answered me;
you have become my salvation.
22 The stone the builders rejected
has become the cornerstone;
23 the LORD has done this,
and it is marvelous in our eyes.
24 The LORD has done it this very day;
let us rejoice today and be glad.
v22 is one of the verses that appeared most in the bible, in 馬太 Mt 21: 42, 馬可 Mark 12:20,
路 Luke 20: 17, 徒 Acts 4:11, 彼前 1 Peter 2:7
When Jesus talk about himself, and the disciples talk about Jesus, they quote this verse.
What the Lord has done for our salvation is unpredictable & marvelous in our eyes. While others rejected him,
what would we response to Jesus salvation?
This verse also show God has planned long to fulfill his salvation, years back before Jesus came.
2. v 6 The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid.
What can man do to me?
A very encouraging yet challenging verses. It makes me think of Stephen (in acts), and Peter plus Paul said before all:"Judge for yourselves whether it is right in God's sight to obey you rather than God."
A full of courage statement that put our lives into nothing because the Lord is with me. It inspire me to overcome what in forward makes me afraid. Recently, (or actually whole X'ian life), I am very struggle to share faith @@, and also struggle to ask schoolmates to sponsor on HOPE, trying to overcome the fear and restarting to think more about who would I like to share life with.
On Monday we have a time to discuss about project with schoolmates and a student talk about his future dream (to be a teacher), quite a constructive talk and maybe when we get to know each other closer, invite him to church.
Apart from that, I also start thinking/planning of another classmate (of my yr 1-2), who is working in PolyU to have lunch together and talk more about recent life.
Pray for I will overcome the fear and get my plans into actions
"最多咪俾人Reject! (The worse case would only be being rejected, what can man do to me?" haha
Cheers,
Andy
沒有留言:
張貼留言