2011年2月1日 星期二

2011 Feb 01 - Isaiah 32 - Shelley


Isaiah 32:8 'But the noble man/woman makes noble plans, and by noble deeds he stands.' Hebrews 5:10 Find out what pleases the Lord.
 
Hi everyone,
 
The Chinese New Year is just about to begin soon and a time for you all to treasure the time and enjoy it with your families.
 
What exactly does it mean to be noble? On the online dictionary the definition is: 
'of an exalted moral or mental character or excellence of an admirably high quality; notably superior; excellent. '
 
When we make noble plans and we actively seek God's council and we rely on Him, we will be secure and know that things will work out not because we are in control but because we hand everything over to God to work it out for us in His own way. I was reminded of this scripture since I was a young disciple and it really helps me to get back to that frame of mind and heart to just give it over to God and rely more on Him.
 
I have been going through a challenging time just finding my feet in the new bible talk and sector and getting to know the meeting places for Q.T and BT. On Sunday I found it challenging and felt left out of the group because I had no clear directions on where to meet the b.t. After reading this scripture I have the conviction that I only need to please God and not others. If I focus on what others think of me then I will always feel frustrated. One thing my best friend from South Africa reminded me yesterday was to make it my goal to please God this year. Whatever ministry I am in or which ever bible talk I am in whatever language is spoken that I would make it my only goal to please God. After having a great 1 hour prayer time with Sophia yesterday in Sheungwan I was encouraged to focus more on God and rely on Him when I face some changes in my life.
 
I want to encourage all of us to focus on pleasing God only. Take the focus off on how we 'look' to others and just make it our goal to do what is right in God's eyes. Because when no one is watching us God is always watching us.
 
Great to hear your sharing Brenda, it's been awhile. Joey sms me this morning and we will have prayer time together in Ma Wan this week. I am in contact with her and she came out to our service at Panda hotel last Sunday. We can continue to pray for the Holy Spirit to work in her life. I will also pray for Millie to have more conviction to read more of the book of John. Great to see that she comes out to Q.T and our activities regularly.
 
Enjoy the day everyone. I was priviledged to wake up late today and make myself a nice cup of coffee with whipped cream and cinnamon, not something I get to do everyday because I have to leave so early to go to school.
 
Love in Christ,
 
Shelley :-)

沒有留言:

張貼留言